So I’m still feeling mostly okay, but a little under the weather. Mostly I’m noticing that I’m very tired today. You’d think I might be mostly used to that, but today I’m extra sleepy. Who knows maybe I’m still recovering from our time in La Crete.
Several people have asked me how these cycles work so I thought I’d give a little update on here:
- In total, there are 6 – eight week cycles of chemo. I just started cycle 2.
- I mostly take pills at home but have to go in on days 8 and 29 and once more in advance of the next day 1.
- I take three different drugs per cycle:
- lomustine on day 1 only.
- procarbazine on days 8 through 22
- and vincristine on days 8 and 29
- Each cycle is exactly the same.
- During the two weeks of Procarbazine, I have to follow a special diet.
In doing this update, I realized I forgotten to post an interesting picture from our trip on Owen’s birthday so I’ll do that here:
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord.
8″For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NASB